Saturday, February 16, 2019

Momoiro Clover Z "Crayon Shin-chan Movie" Solo Interview - Part 2

*This was originally posted on OneHallyu on April 23rd, 2018.

"There's a sense of peace/contentment working with the members"

--How was the dubbing?

Kanako: Voice work is usually done alone, but when we received this story, I was glad because all 4 of us could do it. After all, it's a relief to have the other members with you.

Shiori: At the beginning, I was confused and wondered what I was supposed to do, but when the 4 of us are standing side by side, there's no sense of nervousness or tension.

Reni: I was very worried when we got to the recording studio that the Voice Director would be scary like a Devil, and it would be very difficult. However, once I met them, they were very kind and good humored, so it was fun.

Sasaki: Because the role was meant for an Idol, I didn't feel uncomfortable, and just acted like myself. Normally, we watch Shin-chan on TV, but now he's watching us, so it was a magical feeling.

--The chemical reaction watching the team work when Shin-chan joins Momoclo is quite a spectacle.

Kanako: Usually, when we the 4 of us are talking together, the people around us often watch with mysterious eyes like "What are these girls saying?", but I'm sure Shin-chan understands us because he has the same mind set. He has the same smell (laughs).

(*I've read "the same smell" used in Interviews with various groups. I don't know if this a joke in Japan or what the origin is)

Takagi: When we first met Shin-chan, he brought us handmade underpants as a present. I was really surprised (laughs).

(*The Underpants, lol)


Sasaki: Shin-chan likes beautiful older Sisters, so I'll do my best to be chosen! But who will he choose?

Everyone: We're very curious! What's his type?

(*The Title of this Section has something to do with either working as an Idol or playing the role of an Idol)

--The fun comes when the Theme Song and the additional song are played.

Kanako: There an additional song in the Drama, and at first I was told it would be recorded individually, so I thought "this is serious!". But we ended up recording together so I was glad. It's fun because once again I felt the strength of the 4 of us.

(*The first part was a little confusing. I think Kanako means that they recorded the song individually at first sort of like a demo, but then recorded the final version together)

Sasaki: I heard that it was the first time that an Idol has been asked to perform the Theme Song, an additional Song, and provide Voice Acting in the Crayon shin-chan Movie Series. I think that we can work hard at any job in our own unique way.

(*I think I missed the meaning of part of the 1st sentence, so this is the best I could do)

Shiori: Of course, when I'm by myself, I feel nervous, but when the members are together, I feel their power and I can relax.

Takagi: Like Shiori says, a part of us is diminished when we're alone. When doing the dubbing for Crayon Shin-chan, if I was told to "act more exaggerated" or "be more over the top" and I was alone, then I would be too shy to do it. When I'm with another members, I don't feel embarrassed. Of course we've been together for 10 yrs. so we're very comfortable with each other.

"2018 is the 10th Anniversary of Momoclo!"

--This year marks the 10th Anniversary of the group's formation. How do you feel about functioning under the new system?

Kanako: There's allot of things that I have to do, and I can't relax, because I think we'll be swept aside if I do, and there's a danger of things being unfinished. We're reworking songs 1 by 1, because I don't have that much time and have to prepare for other commitments.

Shiori: There's the 10th Anniversary Live at the Tokyo Dome, but I am focusing on each Live on the Tour one at a time and I feel in my heart I want to say "Please have fun everyone".

Takagi: At 10 yrs. we've begun a new system, but the Members, Staff, and also Fans have a positive outlook and think we have a chance to create something new.

Sasaki: I think we'll do many things as 4 members, but for now, I want allot of people to see us perform as 4 so they can understand it. I want to make 4 member versions of the Choreography immediately so it will soak into my body. There's a 10th Anniversary Live, but since each show on the Tour is important, I want the members and fans to have allot fun with Momoclo at every performance.

-------

The first project as the Reborn Momoiro Clover Z is the Crayon Shin-chan movie. Kanako praised Shin-chan as a "Big Idol", but in a sense, the combination of "National Idols" is highly anticipated. As "Big Idols", both Shin-chan and Momoclo elicit deep feelings. They spoke about how the 4 member system was difficult, but the outpouring of feelings gave them strength. The power to cheer people up is likely to increase their momentum.

(*I translated the second to last sentence as best I could, but it's probably not 100% correct)

Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Bakumori! Kung-Fu Boys Ramen Rebellion will be released nationwide on 4/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peri Ubu - 2You Magazine Interview

*This interview was published on 2020.3.24. Peri Ubu has gone in an entirely different direction. After BiS disbanded in May 2019, sh...