Thursday, September 6, 2018

Momota Kanako "Black Panther" Interview

*This was posted on OneHallyu on 3/8/2018


Restless and shy when you're alone

Regarding working in Hollywood, Momota-san revealed frankly that "I thought it was definitely not a world that I could set foot in". She talked about her impressions of dubbing and her surprising ambition that she wants to challenge in 2018.

Hollywood was a world that I could not set foot into


--You were able to work in Hollywood. Was the experience challenging?

The word "Hollywood" is so big, I thought I would never be able to set foot into that world. Looking at all the news reports where the word Hollywood and my name are together, it was such a mysterious feeling. Is this real or is it a dream.

--Have you experienced real feelings after the dubbing recording?

To be honest, I haven't felt it yet. So far, I was separated from that. Being involved in such a way, I feel a little of it inside myself.
(*I think she can only feel a small connection because of the separation involved with dubbing)

--This was your first time dubbing, so what kind of place were you conscious of?

I've listened to the performances of dubbing voice actors in various works, I was more concerned about how to make a voice rather than the pronunciation. If I'm acting in a TV Drama or a Movie, it get a different feeling, it's a little bigger, so I was conscious of a dramatic Play. However, I feel even having done a Play, I do not know what the correct answer is for dubbing, so it was difficult.

The differences between Individual Activities and Activities in Momoclo


--Individual jobs like acting and voice acting are increasing, but is the feeling different from working in the group?

Somewhere, I think I said I feel like "Momoclo's Kanako", because I'm not very individualistic, so I don't think that feelings will change regarding the group. Either in a Group or as an Individual, I will do my best for the job.

--Does your character and behavior change?

In the case of Individuality, I think that it's a little different because the people you're with each have their own personalities. When you're in a group, everyone is joking around most of the time. Basically, they don't listen to what each member has to say (laughs). However, when I'm working alone, I don't have anyone around to help, so I have to be firmer than usual.

--When you're in a Group, is everyone unrestrained?

Of course. It's lively when we're all together. When I'm by myself, I can become shy. When I'm at a different shooting location, I get restless and my greeting voice tends to be a little smaller, so I think I have to be careful about that.
 
Who is a Hero to Momota?


--Speaking of performing as a Marvel Hero, who is a Hero to Momota?

Sakazaki Kanosuke of THE ALFEE. In January, we did the project "Sakazaki Kanosuke's Momoiro Folk Village NEXT". He has a really nice way of thinking about working. Even meeting him he was kind. If you are with Sakazaki-san, I think "you have to work hard". In a serious situation, he will get very close to you, (*She says something about helping quietly, but it's a little hard to understand). That is a hero for me.

-- It's like someone holding a statue of a familiar person, rather than someone they can't reach.

Of course, I love the Hero's like the ones drawn by Marvel. Even in this work, I was able to sympathize with the King and the Hero as he struggled with the Mission that was entrusted to him. Of course, people you are close to have more of a sense of reality to them.

--I think that many people admire Momota-san personally, as well as Momoiro Clover Z, so do you have any kind of life philosophy that you try to keep?

Recently, I've been doing programs for small children, so I try not to say dirty words as much as possible or make negative comments. I want small children to only have dreams. After that, I make a conscious effort not to make people feel bad through words or my behavior.

Momota Kanako's ambition in 2018!


--This will be the year that Momoiro Clover Z restarts with 4 people. What are your feelings going into this new year?

Momoiro Clover Z will celebrate it's 10th Anniversary this year, so I would like to express my Gratitude to those who've helped of us so far. There are many changes to the system. I can't relax and am firm in saying that we will work with conviction moving forward.

--How about as Individuals?

During this period, I was on a Fortune Telling Program, and was told that 2018 will be a "year of reward". I thought it was better to do what I planned, so I can only act.
(*I'm not sure what she means in the second sentence. Maybe that she will do what she was going to do anyway, so the Fortune doesn't matter).

--Is there a solid ambition?

I've been traveling from Shizuoka to Tokyo allot, and have rode on the Shinkansen countless times. Recently, I had a strong feeling because of an announcement in the car. As you're about to pass through Shizuoka, an announcement is made "Everyone, I think that Mt. Fuji will be visible soon on your right, so please take a memorial photo before you return home", and everyone was taking pictures all at once. I was impressed by seeing that, so now I want to make that announcement. I have allot of experience going between Shizuoka and Tokyo, so I think I can make that announcement (laughs).

-----

Momota-san said with a smile "Among the Group members, I'm quite dry", and as laughter begins to rise to the surface, this is the reason why, not just fans, but many people in the Industry love her. Momoiro Clover Z will have a fresh start to the year with 4 members, but for Momota as an individual, her work in Hollwood has overlapped. It was at this time when she revealed her intention to work "Carefully, one by one", that I felt impressed by her Loveliness "Plus".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peri Ubu - 2You Magazine Interview

*This interview was published on 2020.3.24. Peri Ubu has gone in an entirely different direction. After BiS disbanded in May 2019, sh...