Monday, April 8, 2019

BiS Natalie Interview - Part 1

*This was originally posted on OneHallyu on March 29th, 2018.

"6 People released from the curse of BiS"

On 3/7 BiS makes their Second Major Label Debut by releasing the Double A Side Single "Whole Lotta Love/DiPromise" through Nippon Crown's Crown Stone Label. A few days ago, at "BiS 2nd BEGiNNiNG TOUR FiNAL WHO KiLLED IDOL??" at Tokyo's Ryogoku Kokugikan, founder and leader Pour Lui graduated. This also marked the end of the Rental Trade, and Kamiya Saki returned to Gang Parade while Aya EightPrince retured to BiS.

Music Natalie Interviewed BiS on how they will carry out their new system. BiS faced various dramas before crawling back into the Major Scene after 1 yr. and 8 months since restarting. Aafter several months of turbulance, what do they think about Aya and Kamiya's Trade and Pour Lui's Graduation?

"The Joys and Pressures of a Major Debut"

--Music Natalie will be the first Interview under the new system. First of all, congratulations on the second Major Debut.

Peri: I'm very happy. I'm happy about the time it was decided upon.

Gojira: On the other hand, I had strong feelings about the Major Debut. When BiS restarted, allot of people were saying "BiS is group with a proven track record, so if they do it seriously, it's not a dream that they could have a major debut in 6 months". However, it actually didn't work at all at the beginning of the restart and I didn't have very satisfying Lives.

--Looking back at Interviews from those days, everyone was having a hard time.

Gojira: Even thought we continued activities for half a year, we were unable to deliver results so I was depressed. But then Pan and Momo joined and Saki-chan came for a limited time and gradually able to have good lives. So when the time of the Major Debut was decided, I was very happy.


Kikka: I felt the same as Peri, but I was thinking about the group and lives, and bout singing the same songs as the previous BiS when they were Major.

--For your Major Debut, What kind of Image do you have of the Nippon Crown Label?

Pan: Kitajima Saburo-san.

Peri: The image of many Enka Singers that belong to it was strong.

Gojira: Yoshizawa Kayako-san. I like Yoshizawa-san so much that I sang her song "Minor's Assertion" (Miseinen no Shucho) in a very loud voice when I auditioned for BiS. Since this is my beginning, it's amazing that I can be on the same Label.

Kikka: Yes, yes. Frankly, I wonder if we can be considered the same as these people (laughs).

--It's certainly interesting that BiS is on the same Label as Kitajima-san.

Kikka: It's very strange that BiS who does Gori Gori Rock is in the same company.

(*Gori Gori is slang for "Hard, Sharp, Biting")

--I see. Idol groups Passpo and Predia also belong to the Nippon Crown Label.

Peri: As expected, it's strange (laughs).

--Pan and Momoland, what are your thoughts on the Major Debut?

Pan: I was privelaged to debut at the Liquidroom in May 2017, so it was great environment to start in. It was difficult to understand everything the Initial Members struggled with since restarting, but it's a pleasure to have earned the rewarded of a Major Debut after making it through the Training Camp.

Momoland: I'm very happy. I just recently joined, and don't have allot of experience, so I feel like I have to be more firm.

--And Aya is back in BiS after a long time.

Aya: That's right. I feel like I've come back home.

Everyone: Welcome home!

(*Aya used the standard "Tadaima" and everyone gives the formal response of "Okaeri")

Aya: Thank you! I'm very happy. At the same time I'm coming back home, we're having our Major Debut, so personally, I feel glad. During the time of the Trade, I did my best in Gang Parade. I gained momentum and realized my fans have increased allot. I also realized how hard it is to make a Major Debut. That's why, although BiS themselves struggled to produce results, there are roads that the Seniors of the former BiS went down that are connected to our results, and we should not forget to show them gratitude.

(*When Aya says she knows how hard it is to make a Major Debut, she's referring to how Gang Parade are still Indie after all these years, and are still trying to go Major)

--I also talked about the Interview with Gang Parade which was published. Aya was active in Gang Parade longer than she was in BiS.

Peri: Even though I'm aware of this, it surprises me.

--Aya will be able to make her debut as soon as the Trade ends. At the time when Aya comes back, what are your thoughts about the other members?

Peri: Right before the Encore Stage at the WACK Fest, I heard that the Trade between Saki and Aya would end. I didn't know the reason at that point, but as time goes on, I gradually understand. During the time when Aya was in Gang Parade, I thought it was a totally different kind of Aya.

Gojira: Even when meeting on site, I felt like "Ah, Aya-chan". I wasn't that interested (laughs).

(*I think Gojira means when both groups would be performing at the same place)

Everyone: (Laughs)

Gojira: Rather than not being interested, I just thought "She looks like she's doing well" (laughs).

Kikka: It's like "That is that and this is this".

Gojira: As I read the Interview, I felt that my way of thinking has changed since I've been in BiS.

Kikka: Although it was decided she would come back sooner or later, Aya was doing her best in Gang Parade, so we thought it would be rude to say we felt sorry for her.


--Aya thought the same way. You cut off BiS during the time you were in Gang Parade. Can you talk about your feeling back then?

Aya: It was remarkable especially when I was just traded. I was muting the BiS Member's Group Line. Truthfully, I still mute it.

Peri: Hey, hey, hey!

Gojira: Well, then I'll block you (laughs).

Aya: It was troublesome! I think I'll cancel the muting once the Trade ends.

Peri: On the other hand, aren't you going to mute Gang Parade?

Aya: Ah, what should I do? If I look at it my heart will hurt. It's because I can only concentrate on one thing. However, when I said I muted BiS's Group Line, it's because I love everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peri Ubu - 2You Magazine Interview

*This interview was published on 2020.3.24. Peri Ubu has gone in an entirely different direction. After BiS disbanded in May 2019, sh...