Thursday, April 18, 2019

BiS Natalie Interview - Part 3

"You never know what will happen in WACK"

--DiPromise is meant to be Pour Lui's Graduation Song. In contrast to Whole Lotta Love, I think it was difficult to express your emotions during the recording.

Peri: Actually the opposite was true. The tension has completely changed.

Gojira: In a sense, "Whole Lotta Love" and "DiPromise" are similar in that we shed our sweat and tears, however because the music is different, the way we approached them was different.

--Was Pour Lui present during the recording?

Kikka: Yes, Pour sings first during recording. It's BiS's recording method for Pour to sing first and then Matsukuma inflates the image. I didn't notice until afterwards, but Pour Lui was crying after the recording. I wonder if she sang with all her heart.

(*Kikka really does use "inflate")

--Matsukuma and Watanabe are in charge of the lyrics for this song. For Watanabe, it's like sending one last song to a Wife who's always been with you. It's a feeling that only these two people can know.

Kikka: It's a great love song, isn't it?

--I wonder how the new songs will be showcased on 3/4 at Ryogoku Kokugikan?

Aya: I think it will be an unforgettable day for me as well as for BiS, since it's also the day that Rental Trade will end and I will become a member of BiS again. It will restart from here.

--Pan-san, what do you want BiS to become in the future?

Pan: When I debuted at the Liquid Room, I said I wanted to be the Ace of BiS, however recently, I've said I want to go beyond Pour. But at the time, I didn't foresee Pour Graduating, so I thought I would do my best until I could surpass Pour. But even if Pour has Graduated, my goal is still to surpass her. For myself, I need to become the Ace, but I still don't know. When I'm working as hard as I can during Voice Training, Dance Lessons, and Lives, I wonder if I can reach the ideal that I want to be?


--In that sense, I think Aya's presence is good for Pan.

Pan: We haven't performed together yet, but I'll do my best so we can be good rivals from now on.

--Momoland, what do you want the new BiS to become?

Momoland: I don't think it's useless. I feel like I want to change. During the MCs and interviews, I was able to talk because Pour-chan and Saki-chan would bring me into the conversation, but once the two are gone I have to speak up on my own or I wouldn't speak at all, so I feel that I need to try hard. I need to change my character as well.

Gojira: What? Change?

Kikka: It would be great if you created a Character!

--What kind of character do you want to become like?

Momoland: Up till now, everyone has helped and pushed me, so I'd like to think and act on my own from now on. That's the character I want to become, so I have to study about Communication in books.

--Compared to previous Interviews, I'm actively talking about this, so it feels extreme listening to it. I'm looking forward to Pan and Momoland's future growth in BiS.

Kikka: Since Shaved Head (Kamiya Saki) left, the framework is emptier, isn't it?

Aya: Maybe White Paint with a Shaved Head could be good.

(*Aya uses the word "Bouzu" which is a Buddhist Monk. I went with Shaved Head since Kikka specifically says that)

Kikka: Separately, it's good...Only I am tasty!

Peri: I want to do something different. Go even further with the White Face and Shaved Head. I want to add some tattoos! Full body tattoos!

Aya: There are also Underground Idols that are surprisingly tattooed.

--I can't write this (laughs).

Peri: It doesn't belong to a WACK group!

Kikka: But if you get Tattooed, you can't go to a public bath, right?

(*For anyone unaware, allot of Bath Houses ban people with Tattoos. They're still taboo in Japan because tattoos are associated with the criminal element. Some have relaxed it to only ban full body tattoos, to keep Yakuza from intimidating customers, and Foreigners are usually exempt from the Bath House rule because Tourism brings in money)

Pan: Not only that, you'd really stand out. (laughs)

--Momoland, you don't want to do a thing like this, do you?

Momoland: (Nods Silently)


Gojira: Everyone's happy just talking, right Momoland?

Aya: If a new member joins from the next Training Camp, they might get initiated with White paint or a shaved head.

--Yes, there's an Audition Training Camp. It's possible a new member might join.

Aya: As far as a Trade, I don't think it will happen a 2nd time.

Gojira: WACK is a "Scrap and Scrap". We don't know what will happen.

Peri: Kikka will join EMPiRE.

Pan: Kikka will be the only one to leave.

Aya: Everyone's saying they want to see Kikka leave (laughs).

Kikka: Wait a second! What is all this!? We were supposed to have a nice discussion about what BiS is going to do from this point on!

--There's been various things, but everyone's been positive and it was nice.

Kikka: Everyone's lightened up, haven't they?

Pan: We really have. I think it's like this even when rehearsing. The atmosphere has changed. After all, the curse has lifted, right? (laughs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peri Ubu - 2You Magazine Interview

*This interview was published on 2020.3.24. Peri Ubu has gone in an entirely different direction. After BiS disbanded in May 2019, sh...