Friday, October 5, 2018

Cent Chihiro Chicchi and Aina the End - Solo Debut Interview Part 1


BiSH's Ania the End and Cent Chihiro Chicchi released their solo debut Single with the Double A Side "Yoru Ouji to Tsuki no Hime/Kienai de" on 9/19. Chicchi's is a cover of the famous Ging Nang Boyz song "Yoru Ouji to Tsuki no Hime". Aina sings an original song "Kienai de" that was composed before joining BiSH. It's Produced by Kameda Seiji.

Music Natalie interviewed the two of them about their Solo debuts, the production of the songs, and their standing positions and activities in BiSH.


"I wanted to sing a song that was close to someone's life" - Chicchi

--Aina-san, the solo song you're releasing this time is one you wrote yourself.

Aina: Yes, when I decided to make a solo release, I wanted it to be a song I'd written myself.

--You had the opportunity to sing as a Featuring Vocal with other Artists. How does this differ from that?

Aina: Whenever I sang as a Featuring Vocal, BiSH was always added to it. BiSH was something I always carried with me. It was my identity. However, this time, I wanted to forget BiSH, forget Aina the End, and tried to sing as one woman.

(*Aina doesn't exactly say Identity, but that sounded better than the literal translation of "Everything went back to BiSH")


--And Chicchi is covering the Ging Nang Boys song "Yoru Ouji to Tsuki no Hime".

Chicchi: I don't have any songs that I've written myself, so I wanted to record something that was filled with everything I like.

--Were there any other songs that you thought of?

Cicchi: No, that was one I wanted to do the most. When I said, "what song do I want to sing?", Mineta-san's (Kazunobu Mineta/Ging Nang Boyz) was the only one that came to mind.

--Out of all the Ging Nang Boyz songs, why did you choose this one?

Chicchi: When I was a Senior in High School, I was getting into Punk and became addicted to Going Steady. The song that meant the most to me at that time was "Yoru Ouji to Tsuki no Hime".

--But Chicchi-san is a generation later than Going Steady, right?

Chicchi: Yes. When I became familiar with them, they had become Ging Nang Boyz, but Going Steady name was still lingering. Even so, that was the one song that saved me from loneliness back then. The song itself became like a "Night Price" to me, so covering it at this time, maybe other people will feel the same way I did back then. I felt like I wanted to sing that kind of song on my own.


"I decided to sing this song for my best friend" - Aina

--"Kienai de" is a song that Aina-san wrote when she was 18, right?

Aina: That's right. It's the first song I wrote in my life.

--Were you active as a Singer at the time you wrote it?

Aina: I was singing on the street back then. However, I thought it would be nice to have an original song (laughs). So I decided to try and write one.

--Do you remember when you wrote this song?

Aina: I remember everything. I thought about the lyrics while lying in bed. I asked a fried to help me, and we made sort of a demo tape.
However, I didn't have proper equipment, so I plugged my Ear Phone into my Computer and sang into it (laughs). I recorded it properly at another friend's studio later.

--Why did you decide to release such an early song?

Aina: I have a very close female friend, and about 3 years ago her Mother died. She called me in the evening, and in a rather carefree way said "My Mother has died. Isn't that worrisome?". Even though she was talking casually, she was crying terribly. I began to tremble and didn't know what to say. Then, after being silent for a while, my friend said "sing Keinai de".

--So did you sing it over the phone?

Aina: No. I was trembling. My face turned white and I couldn't sing. Later, I really regretted not being able to sing for her over the phone, so when we discussed what I was going to sing for this solo, I chose "Kienai de" without hesitation. I want to sing for that girl. Now I have the confidence in myself that I can sing at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peri Ubu - 2You Magazine Interview

*This interview was published on 2020.3.24. Peri Ubu has gone in an entirely different direction. After BiS disbanded in May 2019, sh...