Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Team Syachihoko x Radio Fish - Natalie Interview Part 3

*I finally remembered to translate the title of the Interview.

"Team Syachihoko and Radio Fish will overthrow Da Pump!
Heating up with a killer tune for the mid-summer."

"Please Remember to Sing Along"

--A Blu-ray of the MV and Making of are included on the limited edition of Burning Festival. Based on everyone's reactions, it felt like you had fun doing it.

Nakata: The lighting was so hot when shooting the video, it was like being in the desert. The set was also a bit difficult. Syachi thought they were making the video on a budget.

Nao: No, no! That's not it!

Fishboy: Yes, that's exactly how it was (laughs).

--How long did you prepare before shooting?

Nakata: We danced together about once or twice, didn't we?

Fishboy: Prior to shooting the MV, we ran through the choreo for the Sabi section 1 time. Syachi learned it properly on the day of the shoot. They're more skilled than the Radiofish members, so we had to practice allot during the breaks (laughs).

Honoka: It's a fun dance, so we had no trouble mastering it.

--You do the performance with such a pleasant feeling, that fans of both groups couldn't  help but join in.

Nakata: Syachi saw the video at their Release Event for Burning Festival, and they were really excited to see it. I wanted to do a live performance for Syachi's fans as soon as possible. To be honest, I really wanted to do a live together as well as a release event. However, in the Summer, various events overlapped.

--At the Jump Music Festival at Yokahama Arena in July, the two groups performed Burning Festival together.

Nakata: It got a good response despite being the first live performance. I enjoyed it allot myself. Ikoma Rina (formerly Nogizaka46) watched the stage and said I had a look on my face she'd never seen before (laughs). I guess I was having so much fun, it must have shown on my face.

Fishboy: The song has tension right from the start, and it's a composition that rises steadily. By the time the 2nd chorus comes in, we reach a perfect trance state. I hope everyone listening dances along. It's quite transcendent.

Nakata: I think everyone who hears it is surprised the Rap comes in so early, but I added parts that you can clap along with. "oh, yes!" or "get down!". If you say those words while dancing, you can enter the trance along with us. Because the song has these parts inserted, by all means, remember to sing along with us.


"We wont give up the second half of the year"

--Speaking of songs that are gaining momentum with this kind of fan participation, Da Pump's "USA" is a good example.

Nakata: Yes. We won't lose. I also said "Perfect Human" wouldn't lose to Piko Taro. It's a wonderful feeling and is absolutely important. The first half of the year belonged to USA, but I want it to be said that the second half belongs to Burning Festival. We will get it. From this point on, Da Pump will be out rivals. We're good friends with Da Pump, so we were happy when USA became a hit, but this is a different story. My feeling is like this "We won't give up the second half of the year. Don't screw with us, Da Pump!".

(*In the last sentence, Nakata uses "Fuzakenna" (don't screw with me). It's a phrase that originated in the Kansai region, and is heard often in Anime, so Nakata's just joking around)

Nao: ...

(*I'm not sure exactly how to phrase it, but Nao says something like "We're going to ride". I take it that she means Syachi is ready to join with Radio Fish to take on Da Pump)

Nakata: It's going to cost me saying that, isn't it?

--The Coupling Song "Taiyo Kami/Shin" (Sun God), follows the worship system, right?

Nakata: Koma2Kaz (Komatsu Kazuya - who also writes under the pseudonym KAZ) and JUVENILE composed the music, and SHINGO and SHiN wrote the lyrics. Komatsu did the arrangement for "USA". After heating things up with Burning Festival, you can cool down with Taiyo Kami. They complement each other really well, so please listen to them together.

(*Komatsu is a legend. He's written for just about everyone)

--The 2 songs make a set. That's so great.

Nao: This collaboration was really allot of fun. I want to do it again.

Nakata: I think we've already become friends. If the schedule is okay, and you offer the invitation, then I will jump at the chance. I want to do allot of lives together, but that's a dream. For now, we will join with Syachi and battle with Da Pump over the second half of the year with all our power.

--Are you aiming to participate in NHK's Kouhaku Uta Gassen?

Nakata: Of course. I want to cause an explosion and make it a reality.

Nao & Haruna: Yes!

Honoka: We'll all do our best!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Peri Ubu - 2You Magazine Interview

*This interview was published on 2020.3.24. Peri Ubu has gone in an entirely different direction. After BiS disbanded in May 2019, sh...