Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Last Idol - Natalie 1st Single Interview Part 3

*This was originally posted on OneHallyu on Jan. 8th, 2018. Like the other 2 parts, this translation is a bit rough.

"Winning through Battle is your own victory"

-- You all won tough Battles. Why do you think you were chosen?

Yako: How is it...I feel. I'm not very good at singing or dancing. I think that may have been the reason.

Midori: In the case of Yako-chan, you don't need singing or dancing techniques!

Aya: I want to help the mood. The Judges said "I'm attracted to a troubling atmosphere".

-- Haruka's victory as an inexperienced Idol? (*not sure about this).

Airi: Her eyes are sparkling. There is a sparkle like an Idol.

Midori: I personally think it's the farthest from being an Idol. I won't hide it, I will tell you everything (laughs) (*not sure about this).

Yako: However, I'm good at showing myself. I think twitter is amazing. I want to learn by observing.

Midori: Is that true? Thank you!

-- Isn't Airi an Initial Member?

Abe: Her character is intense!

Airi: Eh?! (laughs)

Midori: First of all, look at the eyes. Doesn't she look like Miranda Kerr? She lives in San Francisco.

Yako: Even so, when you say "I don't know" or get confused...

-- Is that a girl's system?

Midori: It's a woman's wording. However, the usage is wrong (laughs).

Aya: But it's a point that comes up.


"Center Abe's Gap"

-- Next is the youngest, Natsumi.

Aya: I think this girl understands her own charm. She says so herself (laughs).

Natsumi: Eh!? I don't know.

Aya: The Judge said "she's 13?".

Natsumi: Eh? what!?

Abe: I can't remember?

Natsumi: Oh, I remember! I was told that "I'm a 13 yr. old mature adult!" Kurata Mayumi said "Oka-san" (laughs)

Yako: Isn't it because the songs chosen were for an older person?

-- On the show you sang "Furimukanaide (Don't turn around)" by the Peanuts, right? Why did you choose that song?

Natsumi: Because I am learning Japanese Dance, I am surrounded by older people. That's why I liked it. Also, the songs from the Showa era are written straight forward and I can feel the message. I like it.

-- Is Aya the oldest?

Yako: Aya has the power of a "Big Sister" that brought everyone together. When she says something, it gives everyone peace of mind.

Midori: There is no leader in Last Idol, but Aya is the one who is most concerned about everyone. Aya gives us all peace of mind, so she is the most essential member of Last Idol.

Aya: So Cute! I want to hug you!

Midori: Eh? Please, restrain yourself (laughs).

-- Last is the Center, Abe.

Natsumi: Her performance is amazing!

Yako: She's been an Idol since 3 yrs. old. Even though she's usually quite, the switch happens when it comes to performance. Even watching it on the monitor, it's overwhelming how amazing it is.

Aya: She won against the Center Member Majima Wakana (now in Someday Somewhere). It's difficult to change the Center. Usually, the image will change drastically (*not sure about the last sentence, so I'll work on it some more before posting it).

Airi: There is also a big gap (*Airi says something strange about 3 cup fulls of wine).

Yako: I love beef jerky, and I have an image that I'm always eating. I also love Cola!

Abe: You've become aware that you have a gluttonous character (laughs).


"I want to listen to someone who has a dream"

-- The long awaited Debut Single "Bandwagon" has been released, and the activities of Last Idol will start from here.

Aya: I can say with confidence that the Debut Single is a really nice production. The lyrics can only be sung by us, and allot of people can relate to them. I think it's a song that can appeal to people who watched the program, as well as those who didn't.

Airi: That's right. If you have a dream, I want you to listen to this song and watch the video too! Allot of people devoted themselves to this song. The MV's Director is Tsutsumi Yukihiko and the Jacket photo was taken by Ninagawa Mika. The Staff and Members made this work without compromise. It is our first important step, so thank you for your continued support!

-- The interview is over. However, it's surprising that the group just formed, but everyone is so close to each other.

Abe: We feel it ourselves. I think we've become equals (*I couldn't quite figure this out).

Midori: Fans often tell us as handshake meetings that "you laugh more than I expected". That program had a serious feeling, didn't it? So, we often had serious facial expressions, but actually the members are cheerful. I think you can understand that (laughs).



And that does it. I'm glad I took the time to translate this as best I could. Quite a few things I didn't know about the members, so it was well worth it. I'm going to keep working on the parts that were confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peri Ubu - 2You Magazine Interview

*This interview was published on 2020.3.24. Peri Ubu has gone in an entirely different direction. After BiS disbanded in May 2019, sh...