Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Imaizumi Yui - Hominis Interview Part 2

*I didn't realize there was another part to this interview. I think this might have been posted before the previous one, but I'm still going to call it Part 2.

Keyakizaka46's Imaizumi Yui says her co-star, Non Style's Ishida, is her "Dad"


--Your debut as a full fledged Actress is going to be in a work that is considered a masterpiece in the world of theater.

When I first heard about the casting, I couldn't believe it. I never thought I'd be able to act on stage.
I actually felt more shocked than happy (laughs). Later, when I read the script, it was difficult for me to understand at first, so I read it over and over. Knowing that Tsuka-san was about the same age as I am when he wrote it, it's really amazing!

--What did you think about the role of the female police officer conducting an undercover investigation?

The rehearsals have only just begun, and I'll be studying with the Director (Okamura Shunichi), my co-star, and everyone else in the cast, so I'd like to create the role during this learning process. In this situation, Okamura-san advised me to be conscious that Mizuno Reiko is close to my real age.

--What is the atmosphere like at the rehearsal space?

The other day, all the performers gathered together for the first time. That was the first time we ran through the play from beginning to end. It was like "let's do it here!" and then we could share opinions and discuss it. It was so unbelievable that it was the first day, and then we all went out to dinner afterwards. During the meal, I discussed the Atami Murder Case with Kimata-san, Ishida-san, and Satou-san and it was very exciting. Regarding the development of Mizuno's emotions, 2 people give some exposition in the background, and clear up what is unknown.

--What's your impression of your co-stars?

It was hard to read Mikata-san's emotion when I first met him. My first impression was "what are you thinking?", but when we had a meal together, I got the sense that he's very passionate about the production. When we started talking about the play, he wouldn't stop, so it was a bit overwhelming (laughs). Satou-san will be performing in this play for the second time, and he has experience working with him (Mikata) before, and they share some scenes together. There's a certain desperation during their confrontations. During those scenes, I'm impressed by the expressive power when Satou-san uses his entire body. Ishida-san already feels like my Dad! (laughs).

There are many things I don't understand, so they've been teaching me everything from proper enunciation to correct posture. And to liven up the mood during rehearsals, ad-libbing is an amazing way to practice! Every time I use a different ad-lib, Okamura-san burst out laughing, and I desperately try to keep from laughing myself...I'm really scared of the real performance (gives a wry smile).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Peri Ubu - 2You Magazine Interview

*This interview was published on 2020.3.24. Peri Ubu has gone in an entirely different direction. After BiS disbanded in May 2019, sh...