Thursday, July 18, 2019

Imaizumi Yui - Hominis Interview "Adult Woman"

*This Interview was posted on 2019.6.25.

Imaizumi Yui reveals the reason why she cried on her Crown Program.


The Crown Program of Keyakizaka46's Imaizumi Yui "Adult Woman Imaizumi Yui ~ What I want to do at the age of 20" will be broadcast three times over the next three months starting on Friday, June 28th, on TV Asahi's Channel 1.

(*Crown Program is the literal translation of Kanmuri Bangumi (冠番組). I watch a limited amount of Japanese TV shows, but I think these are pretty common. They're basically a TV or Radio program with a unique name or nickname for the Entertainer or Sponsor in the title. In this case, it's "Adult Woman". I don't know if there's anything more to it than that)

The program challenges Imaizumi, who turned 20 last yr, with various things in order to become an "Adult Woman". In the first episode "Adult Body Beauty", in addition to receiving training on the latest topics, Imaizumi will be introduced to "Adult Woman's Makeup" by top makeup artists. The themes for the second and third episode will be "Adult Dating" and "Glamping".

At this time, we interviewed Imaizumi about her impressions of the program and the shooting location, and what her image of an "Adult Woman" is.

--How did you feel when you found out the Crown Program would be broadcast for three consecutive months?

I was surprised! I didn't think I could get a Crown Program, so I thought "Is this a dream?". I was very happy. The concept "What I want to do at the age of 20" was decided at a meeting.

--How was the filming?

My metabolism isn't very good, but I'm doing aerobic training, so for the first time, I felt comfortable when the sweat was pouring down. I usually do weight training at a personal gym, but because I haven’t done any heavy exercises that puts me out of breath, it felt like it's been a long time since I've done this (laughs).

--You were challenged with the latest training methods during the filming. What were you impressed by?

I wanted to continue "VR Cycling". Suddenly, depending on the image, the pedals will get heavy on the exercise bike. Along the way, I couldn't keep up with the level of intensity, so I felt sorry and just started crying. However, I definitely want to master it someday!

--Aside from the content of the program, what do you want to do now that you're 20?

I want to get a driver's license. However, when I tried, I wasn't able to do it...(feigns crying). After I accomplish that, I want to meet allot of different people, talk with them, and hear their stories. When I was sent to Hokkaido due to shoot a DVD, I saw another girl from my generation living a completely different lifestyle from me, and I thought it was amazing. Some of them had 2 children, so I was a little envious.

--What kind of image comes to mind when you think of an "Adult Woman"?

People who have only a little luggage! They put lip balm, sun screen, or anything else they need in a compact sized bag. When I look at people like that, I think "That's an Adult". Other than that, people with "shiny skin", and someone who can cook with ingredients from the refrigerator really fast (laughs).

(*I wasn't sure why Imaizumi laughed at the end of the last sentence. She uses "Papapatto (パパパッと)" when referring to cooking. "Papatto" means making something fast or recipes that you can make quickly. The "papa" part is the sound effect for bullets being fired from a gun. Imaizumi could be laughing because she thinks being able to cook fast is funny, or maybe she finds the "papa" sound amusing.

She adds a third "pa" when she uses it. "papapa (パパパ)" is specifically the sound effect for bullets being fired. If you do a search simply for "papapa", the Old Spice commercials with Terry Crews comes up. His catch phrase, "pap pap power" is written like this in Japanese: パパパッパッパッパ、パァウァー!! It's similar to the other one, so that could be another reason Imaizumi laughed. And yes, I really felt the need to research this, lol)

--What do you do on a daily basis to become an "Adult Woman"?

I try to keep my room clean. You'll feel like a child if the room's messy. Before, if I saw a dog toy I liked, I would buy it. Now, I'm working on stopping that habit little by little.

--What kind of "Adult Woman" would you like to become?

I want to go traveling alone! First, I'd like to go to someplace nearby, like Korea (laughs). It's a country of beauty, and I'd like to eat San-nakji (Eating the dancing octopus is a Korean delicacy). After that, the most fun I have is working on the play. I'd like to play allot of different roles as an actress. I'd like to try playing the role of a Psychopath or an amazing Burriko! The actress I really admire is Kitagawa Keiko. She's amazing because, no matter what role Kitagawa-san takes, even if it was played by someone else previously, she redefines it and makes it her own.

(*San-nakji (산낙지) is a variety of hoe (raw dish) made with long arm octopus (Octopus minor), a small octopus species called nakji in Korean and is sometimes translated into "baby octopus" due to its relatively small size compared to the giant octopus (Enteroctopus dofleini). The octopuses are most commonly killed before being cut into small pieces and served, with the nerve activity in the octopus' tentacles making the pieces move posthumously on the plate whilst served. The octopus' highly complex nervous system, with two-third of its neurons localized in the nerve cords of its arms, lets the octopus show a variety of reflex actions that persist even when they have no input from the brain. Less commonly, a live octopus is eaten whole. The dish is sprinkled with sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds)

--The theme of the 2nd episode is "Adult Dating", but what do you think an adult date is?

Two people going grocery shopping, and then taking their time cooking dinner at home. Moreso than going to a restaurant, I feel like I'm an adult at home. As I've never dated, I'm looking forward to shooting the next episode. What kind of dates do Adults go on...? I'm also looking forward to the third episode "Glamping"! I've been camping before, so what will this be like? I have no imagination! (laughs).

--What kind of man would you like to go on an "Adult Date" with?

I like people who talk allot. A person who doesn't get bored even if you talk for a long time is good.

--In closing, please give a message to the viewers!

I think I was able to show different sides of my personality, so I hope everyone can watch and enjoy it! I shot the first episode with a feeling of "the child", but I start to act more like an adult in the 2nd and 3rd episodes...(laughs). By the time we get to the 3rd episode, I'll be able to show the adult Imaizumi!



*You can watch the first episode here without subtitles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peri Ubu - 2You Magazine Interview

*This interview was published on 2020.3.24. Peri Ubu has gone in an entirely different direction. After BiS disbanded in May 2019, sh...